|Kevin Scheibe is the Thome Professor in Business, Professor of Information Systems and Business Analytics, and Chair of the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics in the Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University. His research interests include business analytics, IT privacy and security, supply chain risk, spatial decision support systems, wireless telecommunications, and IT outsourcing. He is a member of the Association for Information Systems and the Decision Sciences Institute. Dr. Scheibe has published in journals such as Decision Sciences Journal, European Journal of Operations Research, Decision Support Systems, Journal of Information Privacy and Security, Communications of the ACM, and Computers in Human Behavior. He serves as an Associate Editor at Decision Sciences Journal. His teaching interests include machine learning and business analytics, computer-based decision support systems, and management information systems at both graduate and undergraduate levels. He received a PhD from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Prior to academia he spent ten years in industry as a software engineer, IT consultant, and director of operations for a real estate investment company.
- Chair, Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics, 2019–present
- Thome Professor in Business Analytics and Professor of Information Systems and Business Analytics, 2019–present
- Kingland Business Analytics Faculty Fellow and Associate Professor of Management Information Systems, Department of Supply Chain and Information Systems, Iowa State University, 2017–2019
- Associate Professor of Management Information Systems, Department of Supply Chain and Information Systems, Iowa State University, 2009–2017
- Visiting Faculty, Consortium Institute of Management and Business Analysis (administered by the University of Iowa for the Consortium of Universities for International Studies), Paderno del Grappa, Italy, Spring 2012
- Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems, Department of Logistics, Operations and Management Information Systems, Iowa State University, 2003–2009
- Graduate Assistant, Department of Business Information Technology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1999–2003
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
I was awarded the MBA Executive Advisory Council Teaching Excellence Award in 2018.
My paper “Supply Chain Disruption Propagation: A Systemic Risk and Normal Accident Theory Perspective,” with Jen Blackhurst was the highest cited paper in 2018 in the International Journal of Production Research.)
My article ‘The amorphous nature of agile: no one size fits all‘ with Joey George, Tony Townsend, and Brian Mennecke, published in Journal of Systems and Information Technology has been selected by the editorial team as an Outstanding Paper in the 2019 Emerald Literati Awards. Our article was chosen as a winner as it is one of the most exceptional pieces of work the team has seen throughout 2018.